The Bull’s Foundation is the Official Charity of Bradford Bulls. Our mission is to make a positive difference in Bradford, we do this by delivering projects throughout the Bradford community and using the power of Rugby League and other sports to influence positive change. We deliver a range of projects throughout the community, such as holiday camps, rugby festivals, community days, educational projects and more.
Job Title: Casual Sports Development Coach
The Bradford Bulls Foundation is looking to appoint enthusiastic, and qualified Sports and PE Coaches to support the charity’s delivery in schools and the community across Bradford.
You will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of a bespoke inclusive offer for physical activity, PE, and Sport that t and will enable schools to embed national initiatives at a local level and inspires young people to get active in their school and communities.
As a Casual Sports Development Coach, you will be responsible for setting up and delivering high-quality coaching sessions and activities to our stakeholders, following current curriculums. You will leverage the appeal of Rugby League and the Bradford Bulls to inspire children to learn and develop vital life skills. Your role involves developing and motivating young people to lead healthy, active lifestyles, increase their participation and skills in competitive and non-competitive sports, and promote physical activity. You will collaborate with Bradford Bulls Foundation’s full-time coaches to deliver and create projects throughout the district, enhancing knowledge, skills, confidence, fitness, and mental health.
The role requires applicants to:
- Set up and deliver high quality multi-sports coaching sessions to children and young people in school settings, in line with the national P.E. curriculum for primary schools.
- Use the appeal of Rugby League and Bradford Bulls to inspire children to learn and develop important life skills.
- Develop and inspire young people to live and maintain healthy, active lifestyles and increase their participation and skills in competitive and non-competitive sports and physical activity.
- Work with Bradford Bulls Foundation’s full-time coaches to support coaching and P.E. sessions around the district Enhance the knowledge, skills, and confidence of teachers to improve delivery of P.E. and school sport.
- Safeguarding Children certificate.
- Full Driving License (applicants need to have access to their transportation, as traveling around the district will be necessary).
- Recognized NGB Level 2 Coaching Certificate or above is preferable, although we will consider supporting the right Level 1 candidates in attaining their Level 2 while on the job.
- Enthusiastic about coaching with a desire to inspire young people.
- Reliable with strong time management.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about teaching/coaching.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Able to engage with a wide range of people.
- A current First Aid Certificate is desirable, although we will consider supporting the right candidates through their First Aid training.
- Experience working with children in a school environment would be desirable.
- Proven behaviour management skills would be desirable.
- Successful candidates are required to have a full DBS check conducted.
Location: The Bradford Bulls Foundation, Odsal Stadium, Bradford, BD6 1BS
Location Offsite: Various
Reports to: Education Officer
Hours per week: Varied
Contract: Casual contract or fixed term contract depending on the candidate.
Remuneration – Competitive
Start date: ASAP.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV, and a covering letter via email to Shaun Flynn, Education Officer, at email@example.com
Equality & Diversity: At the Bradford Bulls Foundation, we are a diverse and inclusive organization that welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds and respects differences in race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, or with regards to pregnancy or maternity. We are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and included in the Rugby League community, and where they can achieve their full potential. We stand firmly against all forms of discrimination and dedicated to addressing inequalities through positive action.
Safeguarding & Recruitment: The Bradford Bulls Foundation is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo appropriate safeguarding checks and provide proof of the right to work in the UK. Applicants will be asked about any previous convictions or cautions. Appointment to this role is subject to a satisfactory advanced DBS Check (with a children’s barred list check) and is dependent on clearance and obtaining two suitable references.